Oculus Transport Ltd has an opening for a full-time Journeyman Truck Technician for our Fort St. John branch.
WHO WE ARE:
Oculus Transport is a leader in the oilfield logistics sector and is committed to operating at the highest standards of safety. We have locations in Fort St. John, Grande Prairie, Edmonton, Red Deer, and Calgary.
We strive to develop strong, long-term relationships with our employees, customers, and the communities we operate in. Our rigorous employee training and equipment maintenance programs ensure that we provide our customers with reliable and efficient service while demonstrating our commitment to the safety of everyone involved.
As a Journeyman Truck Technician you will be responsible for:
- The repair and servicing of all company equipment
- Providing accurate estimates on timelines and costs
- Ensuring that the shop facilities are maintained to be safe, clean, and efficient
- Inspecting and monitoring work while it is being performed in the shop and, upon completion, ensure compliance and that it meets all regulatory requirements
- Training and mentoring junior repair technicians, leading by example and providing support, knowledge and direction
- Managing and maintaining a work environment that promotes safety, respect and professionalism. Ensuring a cooperative relationship is maintained between the shop and all other departments
- Working closely and strategically with the Shop Foreman on timelines and demands to ensure that organizational goals are met or exceeded
- Safely operating the company service truck in varying and adverse road conditions
- Attending call-outs as required
- Maintaining your training requirements, whether online or in-class, as required
- Any other roles or responsibilities as assigned by the Shop Foreman
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, with on-call shifts as required
- Valid Class 5 license with no more than 4 convictions in a 5-year period
- Must be a registered Journeyman
- Able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid Class 1 license is considered an asset
- Inspection license is considered an asset
- Experience with Peterbilt and Paccar engines is considered an asset
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.